One-Day Workshop Overview
Location: This training will take place at the client’s site at a time agreed upon by both parties.
The training will run from 9:00 am – 4 pm.
Who will attend and for how long?: Presidents or CEOs of organizations and their HR Manager or VP should be in attendance as the strategies discussed are innovative and out of the box. This new way of hiring will require open minds and understanding of the goals of the organization and how these strategies will help accomplish them. We have found that organizations that have the support of the highest levels of leadership are the most successful.
“Today’s biggest issue for most businesses is attracting and retaining the right talent. Chris takes the effective approach of showing you what you need to improve on to win the talent war, and then teaching you how to sustain these improvements in your organization. Chris is very hands on, high energy, approachable and direct… He is not encumbered by the typical definition of a consultant!” Thomas L. Saeli, CEO, Duro-Last Roofing / JRB Enterprises, Inc.
What you’ll learn:
- Why it seems like everyone is struggling with finding great talent.
- How employees and potential employees think, why they think that way and how to work with them.
- How to become a “hunter of talent” and “employer of choice”.
- Why your ads and hiring practices are not working and how to change them in this new environment.
- Where to find great employees and how to keep them once you do.
“Chris’ presentation was high energy and thought provoking. He helped us realize that recruiting and retaining talent doesn’t have to be difficult, we just need to apply common sense and known business practices to our recruitment efforts. We’re really looking forward to implementing the ideas and strategies that came out of our two-day workshop!” Reed Gooding, President, GSM Roofing
AM: Where Are The People?
We will meet with HR staff and managers, gain understanding about the current hiring market in your area and your recruiting efforts and results, identify areas of opportunity and interview model employees.
PM: Proactive Recruiting
Together we’ll determine why the “right” kind of employees are not applying to or staying at your organization and create action plans for what you can do – starting TOMORROW – to make changes that work!
Three or four people designated by the company will attend the all day workshop. It will require representatives from these areas of the company: HR, Operations, Marketing and Administration.
- Identify the regional issues that create specific talent shortages and what can/cannot be done about them.
- Create understanding of employees decision making. Why potential employees do or do not choose to work for an organization (and how to make your organization appealing), the generational needs of employees and how to easily meet them.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses as an employer and how to “sell” your opportunities.
- Understand the basic principals and practices of being an “employer of choice” and creating an HR department full of talent “hunters”.
- We will define the reasons organizations are struggling to find and/or keep talent and the differences in thought processes of employees by generation.
- We will identify why and how HR has to change hiring strategies.
- We will determine how to create models of future employees and where we can find them.
- We will create new parameters for developing employee retention programs and practices.
- 9:00 – 9:30 am Everyone Meets
- 1 questions – Learning Your Company From A-Z.
- 9:30 -10:00 am
- Discuss the current hiring climate, national and regional issues and why current hiring/retention practices don’t work.
- 10 – 11:30 am
- Discuss the general different needs of different generations as employees.
- Discuss the two reasons employees choose to or not to work for an organization and why they stay or leave.
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Discuss the drivers that make employees choose to stay at an organization.
- 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Are you an employer of choice? What that means and how to become one.
- How to become a “hunter” of talent.
- How to sell your opportunities the same way you sell your products and services.
- How your ads keep people from applying and how to change them (you might be surprised!).
- 2:45 -4:00 pm
- How to create models of the employees you are looking for – it’s not what you think.
- Where great employees are literally hiding, who they are and how to reach them.
- How to create retention practices that make employees happy and cost you nothing.
- Chris plus team (minus leadership) identifies top four issues facing the organization in terms of recruiting and retaining talent.
Get to know Jim Sullivan, Director of Business Development
“The mission and the talent at the WMEP are at the core and helping Wisconsin manufacturers become the best in the world is something I know we can do.”
608.354.1346 [email protected]