Enhance your skills and fill the gap with leadership development.
Good leadership is not just characterized by the ability to motivate a group toward a common goal—it’s the ability to cross over from being a person employees HAVE to follow, to a person employees WANT to follow. Our Supervisor Skills course will help develop and refresh your skills as a leader and offer a renewed outlook on true relational leadership.
Supervisor Skills Course
Leaders maximize results by earning the respect of those they lead, reducing opposition from followers, and enlisting buy-in from their teams. WMEP Manufacturing Solutions’ interactive Supervisor Skills course teaches the foundational leadership skills necessary for success.
Benefiting managers, shop floor supervisors, experienced management and more, this workshop will re-open the door to effective leadership and bridge the gap between newer and seasoned workforces, senior and junior staff, and office and plant floor associates.
This 32-hour, in-person, workshop (four eight-hour sessions spread out over a two-to-three- week period) will equip eight to twelve participants with the knowledge and skills needed to become effective leaders and supervisors. Through a self-discovery approach the participants will be acquainted with skills and tools to relate to subordinates, peers and their managers.
COVID-19 safety protocols will be strictly enforced. This includes the observance of CDC guidelines for social distancing, face masks and cleaning/sterilizing requirements.
Total cost per participant: $975.
Designed to develop successful leaders
WMEP Manufacturing Solutions’ Supervisor Skills course develops top-notch management by focusing on:
- BEHAVIORAL CHARACTERISTICS: Learn how to deal with various types of attitudes, personalities, values and temperaments.
- COMMUNICATION: Communication is a complex process requiring positive verbal and non-verbal techniques. Hear how to communicate more productively.
- MOTIVATION: Employee morale and personal success is key to high productivity. Discover the purpose driven model behind motivation.
- BUILDING BETTER TEAMS: Through a variety of activities, team members will review and discuss behavioral characteristics while building a qualified team.
- HANDLING CONFLICT: Learn about conflict resolution, building relationships and finding ways to achieve win-win results.
- MAKING MEETINGS WORK: Many meetings accomplish less than the resources
they consume. This workshop will assist organizations in improving the effectiveness.
- DELEGATION & TIME MANAGEMENT: Management roles are often expected to handle multiple projects and tasks. Learn how to better manage time and responsibilities, instead of letting them control you.
- LEADING PEOPLE THROUGH CHANGE: Explore the essence of navigating change utilizing skillful leadership, communication, presentation and monitoring skills.
- EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE & ON-THE-JOB TRAINING: Learn specific elements for strong on-the-job training as well as some deadly sins to avoid when disciplining employees.
Get to know Jim Sullivan, Director of Business Development
“The mission and the talent at the WMEP are at the core and helping Wisconsin manufacturers become the best in the world is something I know we can do.”
608.354.1346 [email protected]