Helping Wisconsin Manufacturers
Grow Their Business Through Exporting
Start growing your business through exporting with a customized, action-oriented export expansion strategy. ExporTech is a proven path to exporting success. Graduates have achieved sales increases averaging $900,000 within six to nine months after completing the program.
ExporTech™ is a 12 week virtual program with group and customized personal coaching between sessions.
- Group Sessions 1: Week of January 24th – Monday-Friday 1:00 – 3:30 pm
- Group Sessions 2: Week of February 28th – Monday-Friday 1:00 – 3:30 pm
- Group Sessions 3: Week of April 4th – Monday – Friday 1:00 – 3:30 pm
Download the informational flyer: ExporTech Virtual Winter January 2022
Scholarship applications are being accepted through January 7th, 2022. The cost for ExporTech is $ 7,500 per company pricing for up to 3 executive leaders (CEO/President, CFO/Controller, Exec Sales), with an immediate $ 3,000 scholarship from WEDC; bringing the out-of-pocket down to $4,500.
Congratulations to Patriot Taxiway Industries, ExporTech™ graduate, one of 38 companies nationwide and the only one from Wisconsin to win the President’s “E” Award for export success in 2020 from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Read the full IOM (Insight On Manufacturing) article here.
Congratulations to Gamber-Johnson, ExporTech™ graduate, on being named Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year and their recent success!
Read all about it in IndustryWeek!
WMEP’s Director of Global Engagement, Roxanne Baumann, talks about the importance of exporting for Wisconsin manufacturers.
Did you know that:
- 95% of consumers are outside the USA.
- Companies that export outperform their non-exporting competitors.
- Companies that export have higher EBITDA’s than those that don’t.
Why should I export?
Exporting can help you:
- Grow your business.
- Increase the value of your company.
- Diversify your revenue sources.
- Bring innovative new products to market.
Since 1996 the WMEP has assisted more than 4,000 SMMs resulting in:
- More than $4.4 billion in proven, direct economic impact.
- More than 20,257 jobs created or retained.
In 2019, WMEP services:
- Helped create or retain 1,240 manufacturing jobs
- Generated $350 million in impact on behalf of manufacturers
- Delivered a 15:1 ROI for every dollar of state funds invested
Export Report Summaries
In 2019, Exports from Wisconsin totaled $21.7 Billion.
The Five P’s of Global Engagement
- Develop a PLAN: Regardless of where you are today, ExporTech – WMEP’s customized exporting strategy development tool – will take you to the next level of revenues.
- Understand the PROCESS: There is a clear process for creating increased revenues.
- Identify your best in-demand PRODUCT: What has the best chance of export success?
- PEOPLE: Internal, channel partners – who do you need to involve?
- Work with knowledgeable PARTNERS: WMEP is a valued member of Wisconsin’s Extended Export Partnership team.
What is ExporTech?
In the above video, Gamber-Johnson benefits from strategic growth through exporting.
ExporTech helps small to midsize Wisconsin companies tap into new markets with a customized export expansion strategy that has the greatest revenue potential and the least risk. A carefully selected group of up to eight non-competitive companies share three full-day events scheduled approximately one month apart. Participants learn how exports can dramatically drive growth, identify hurdles to expansion, and develop a customized international growth plan.
Through ExporTech, you will:
- Learn successful exporting strategies
- Develop an effective exporting plan
- Get expert feedback and coaching from a panel of experienced exporters
ExporTech includes information on key topics, including:
- Sales and Distribution
- Trade Agreements
Success in exporting relies on executive support. ExporTech requires commitment from at least two top senior executives, i.e. owners, CEOs and other executive leadership.
How will ExporTech benefit my business?
- Increase speed to exporting
- Learn from the experience of others
- Avoid common mistakes
- Increase exporting ROI by using resources efficiently
- Follow a proven roadmap to exporting
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) has partnered with WMEP and the Northwest Wisconsin Manufacturing Outreach Center (NWMOC) to make ExporTech™ available and affordable for manufacturers throughout the state. To apply for ExporTech™ and to potentially be eligible for a scholarship, please fill out and submit this form. You will also need to complete, sign and return the SBA Self-Representation as Eligible Business Concern form to Roxanne Baumann ([email protected])
For more information, contact:
Director of Global Engagement, WMEP
ExporTech Partners & Resources
Since 2006, 243 ExporTech™ programs have been delivered in 36 states and Puerto Rico with over 1,215 participating companies.