Quick Changeover, also referred to as SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Dies), is a lean manufacturing technique designed to improve your efficiency in your manufacturing procedures.
Your organization will learn quick changeover/setup reduction methodologies and practice the set-up reduction principles in a selected project within the plant operations.
Benefits of reduced changeover time extend beyond the direct reduction of inventory to include:
- Reduced lead times and improved responsiveness to customers.
- Flexibility to respond to changes in demand.
- Improved product quality from quicker information feedback.
- Improved visual control and plant communication.
Reduction of indirect costs for material movement, counting, and transaction processing.
- Participants will understand Set Up Reduction principles, which they will be able to apply to reduce changeover time in their operation.
- The supporting project typically results in the reduction of set up times of 50% or more.
- The knowledge gained in this workshop and project, if implementation continues, leads to an understanding of continuous improvement projects further reducing set-up times.
Get to know Jim Sullivan, Director of Business Development
“The mission and the talent at the WMEP are at the core and helping Wisconsin manufacturers become the best in the world is something I know we can do.”
608.354.1346 [email protected]