Quick Changeover, also referred to as SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Dies), is a lean manufacturing technique designed to improve your efficiency in your manufacturing procedures.
Your organization will learn quick changeover/setup reduction methodologies and practice the set-up reduction principles in a selected project within the plant operations.
Benefits of reduced changeover time extend beyond the direct reduction of inventory to include:
- Reduced lead times and improved responsiveness to customers.
- Flexibility to respond to changes in demand.
- Improved product quality from quicker information feedback.
- Improved visual control and plant communication.
Reduction of indirect costs for material movement, counting, and transaction processing.
- Participants will understand Set Up Reduction principles, which they will be able to apply to reduce changeover time in their operation.
- The supporting project typically results in the reduction of set up times of 50% or more.
- The knowledge gained in this workshop and project, if implementation continues, leads to an understanding of continuous improvement projects further reducing set-up times.
Get to know Eric Decker, Business Development Leader
“The organization’s mission to help improve and strengthen Wisconsin’s manufacturers aligns very closely with my own. I’ve known the WMEP and its staff through my various roles over the years and have always had a lot of respect for the organization.”
414.429.2252 | [email protected]