By Rich Rovito
The Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council will be shifting to a membership model beginning in January.
“The WSBC has long offered value by gathering sustainability leaders and businesses together to learn from one another, collaborate and problem-solve,” WSBC Managing Director Jessy Servi Ortiz said. “Membership formalizes the value we offer and allows us to build a sustainable business model for ourselves.”
Formalizing the relationship with businesses will create a direct feedback loop that will better meet the evolving needs of the sustainable business community, Servi Ortiz said.
“At a time when paying attention to sustainability is critical for the long-term success of business and as our state is stepping up leadership on climate change, WSBC is positioned to support businesses in integrating core sustainability strategies that can improve their business outcomes, increase efficiencies and create positive effects on our workforce, communities and environment,” she said.
Membership will serve as the primary way for individuals and organizations to engage and benefit from WSBC core competencies, programs, and services. WSBC utilizes member feedback to drive programming, events and service development.
Member benefits will include:
- The ability to connect, network and collaborate with other members committed to driving sustainable change (including Green Masters Program participants).
- Direct access to industry sustainability experts for questions and shared learning.
- Searchable online member directory, complete with business profiles.
- Exclusive discounted rates on special events and the WSBC annual conference.
- Gain free access to member webinars, educational seminars and expert roundtables.
- Participation in meetings to leverage ideas and learn from peers.
- Learn from other businesses at annual WSBC conference.
- Individual growth opportunities through participation on WSBC committees.
- Exclusive member portal with resource directory (in development).
Measure & Improve
- Participate in the Green Masters Program at no additional cost.
- Learn best practices from Green Masters Program Roundtable.
- Collaborate with WSBC and sustainability thought leaders on projects.
- Publicize your business commitment to sustainability with your logo on WSBC website.
- Showcase your business support for the advancement of sustainability, WSBC programs and the Business as a Force of Good Movement.
- Display the member-only logo, badge and/or window decal.
- Share relevant business news, events or job listings on WSBC communication channels.
- Opportunity to advertise in the WSBC E-newsletter or website at a discounted rate.
- Potential to showcase your expertise by speaking at WSBC conference.
- Possibility of being invited to co-develop case studies on your business, product or sustainability success stories.
Business Membership enhances your sustainability program. Your Business Membership connects you to other local businesses and sustainability leaders driving sustainable solutions. Membership supports internal development of key strategies to measure and improve sustainability and business performance, as well as core competencies for sustainability. It provides access to benchmarking tools and resources and showcases your business as part of the network and movement towards a resilient and sustainable future.
Individual Membership enhances your marketability as a sustainability professional. An Individual Membership gives you access to networking and collaboration with Wisconsin businesses that lead in sustainability, education to develop your sustainability skills and credentials, learning of current trends and access to potential employment opportunities.
Affiliate Membership provides access to a ready-made community of sustainability businesses and leaders in Wisconsin. An Affiliate Membership enables associations (nonprofits, governmental, and higher education entities) to join the movement towards a resilient and sustainable future. Affiliate members can co-host or co-organize events, cross-promote and/or partner as well as cross-refer goods and services. Membership also provides networking, programming, and skills development, and the ability to promote your aligned work.
Membership will launch Jan. 11.
For membership fees and more information, go to https://www.wisconsinsustainability.com/membership