By Denise Lockwood, Reporter – Milwaukee Business Journal March 3, 2014
Mercury Marine, Masters Gallery Foods Inc., Tailored Label Products Inc. and Badger Alloys Inc., were named 2013 Manufacturers of the Year in their respective categories by the Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce at a banquet Thursday night.
A total of nine companies earned awards from a pool of 34 nominees at the 26th annual Manufacturer of the Year Award program, which honors manufacturers that help to drive Wisconsin’s economy.
The award winners were picked by an independent panel of judges from industry, education and the public sector.
“It’s been said there is a powerful link between America’s ability to make things, and America’s ability to innovate, compete, and create good jobs. I believe that wholeheartedly and am proud to live in a state where we celebrate those who create, build and produce such an expansive selection of goods,” said Tod Linstroth, senior partner of Michael Best & Friedrich LLP and a member of the firm’s management committee.
The accounting and advisory firm of Baker Tilly, the law firm of Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, and the business association Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce sponsor the MOTY awards program.
“While we recognize nine exceptional manufacturers with this year’s awards, we salute all of this year’s nominees for their hard work and dedication in achieving manufacturing excellence,” said Tim Christen, CEO of Baker Tilly, one of the program sponsors. “In my opinion and the opinion of my fellow sponsors, each of this year’s nominees has certainly made excellence a habit at their organization.”
The winners were:
- Mercury Marine, Fond du Lac – Mega Category
- Masters Gallery Foods Inc., Plymouth – Large Category
- Badger Alloys Inc., Milwaukee – Medium Category
- Tailored Label Products Inc., Menomonee Falls – Small Category
- Alto-Shaam Inc., Menomonee Falls -Workforce Development Category Special Awards
- Alliance Laundry Systems LLC, Ripon –Investing Locally, Growing Globally Award
- Realityworks Inc., Eau Claire –Innovation Excellence Award
- Schuette Metals, Rothschild – Investing in the Future Award
- Xten Industries LLC, Kenosha –Employee Engagement & Commitment Award
Reporter Denise Lockwood covers manufacturing and education for the Milwaukee Business Journal.