WMEP Manufacturing Solutions is currently recruiting for an Operations Excellence Consultant to be based primarily in the Madison market area and flex to the Milwaukee markets as needed. Management skills are preferred.
The Operations Excellence Consultant will travel statewide to work closely with WMEP manufacturing clients to guide them through transformation, identify value creation opportunities, shape and align implementation, and support their execution and long-term success. The Operations Excellence Consultant will be responsible for assessing manufacturers’ needs and implementing solutions, on-time, within budget with high customer ROI and quantified impact and teaming with Business Development and Account Executives to support sales calls and solution development.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- Proficient in lean leadership and manufacturing principles and tools; demonstrated experience in leading and growing a culture of Continual Improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10 years or more experience in a manufacturing or applicable business environment at a professional.
- Experience in Continual Improvement, managing direct reports and some experience in a consulting role, is preferred.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including clients, staff, and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills including strong presentation skills.
- Six Sigma Black or Green Belt Certification preferred but not required.
- Ability to resolve problems and make decisions quickly toward organizational goals.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to manage outcomes as related to client success and individual/team contributions to ensure compliance with organizational goals and financial results.
- Ability to exhibit WMEP’s corporate core competencies which include but are not limited to customer focus, ethics/integrity, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and results focus.
- Experience working in and or developing ISO Standard framework structure.
WMEP Manufacturing Solutions, a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to optimize stakeholder value for Wisconsin Manufacturers by expanding their capabilities to grow, be innovative, and achieve operational success, provides targeted consulting services to small and medium manufacturers in Wisconsin. WMEP is an affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s National Manufacturing Extension Partnership and is seeking to grow the consulting team to extend its reach to manufacturers.
To submit an application of interest and a cover page, click here.