The Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership, Inc. (WMEP) is currently recruiting for a Lean-Six Sigma Consultant / Senior Consultant to be based in Northeast Wisconsin region. Management skills are preferred.
WMEP Manufacturing Solutions, a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to optimize stakeholder value for Wisconsin Manufacturers by expanding their capabilities to grow, be innovative, and achieve operational success, provides targeted consulting services to small and medium manufacturers in Wisconsin. WMEP is an affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s National Manufacturing Extension Partnership and is seeking to grow the consulting team to extend its reach to manufacturers.
The Consultant/Senior Consultant will travel statewide to work closely with WMEP stakeholders to identify value creation opportunities, shape and align implementation, and support their execution and long-term success. The Consultant/Senior Consultant will be responsible for assessing manufacturers’ needs and implementing solutions, on-time, within budget with high customer ROI and quantified impact and teaming with Business Development and Account Executives to support sales calls and solution development.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- Proficient in lean leadership principles and tools; demonstrated experience in leading and growing a culture of Continuous Improvement; thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity and throughput improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or manufacturing-related discipline or equivalent.
- 5 – 10 years or more experience in a manufacturing or applicable business environment at a professional level is preferred. Some experience in continuous improvement is preferred.
- Some experience in consulting role, specifically sales, is preferred.
- Experience in managing direct reports is preferred.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including clients, staff, and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills including strong presentation skills.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt Certification preferred but not required.
- Ability to resolve problems and make decisions quickly toward organizational goals.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to manage outcomes as related to client success and individual/team contributions to ensure compliance with organizational goals and financial results.
- Ability to exhibit WMEP’s corporate core competencies which include but are not limited to customer focus, ethics/integrity, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and results focus.
To submit an application of interest, click here.