Consultant/Senior Consultant – Lean -Six Sigma
The Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership, Inc. (WMEP) is currently recruiting for Lean-Six Sigma Consultants / Senior Consultants to be based in the Northeast Wisconsin and Milwaukee metro markets. Management skills are preferred.
The WMEP, a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to optimize stakeholder value for Wisconsin Manufacturers by expanding their capabilities to grow, be innovative, and achieve operational success, provides targeted consulting services to small and medium manufacturers in Wisconsin. The WMEP is an affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s National Manufacturing Extension Partnership and is seeking to grow the consulting team to extend its reach to manufacturers.
The Consultant/Senior Consultant will travel state wide to work closely with WMEP stakeholders to identify value creation opportunities, shape and align implementation, and support their execution and long-term success. The Consultant/Senior Consultant will be responsible for assessing manufacturers’ needs and implementing solutions, on-time, within budget with high customer ROI and quantified impact and teaming with Business Development and Account Executives to support sales calls and solution development.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- Proficient in lean leadership principles and tools; demonstrated experience in leading and growing a culture of Continuous Improvement; thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity and throughput improvement.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required; Proficient with statistical and project management software, such as Minitab, and flowcharting software or process mapping software.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or manufacturing-related discipline or equivalent.
- 5 – 10 years or more experience in a manufacturing or applicable business environment at a professional level.
- 3 years or more experience in consulting role preferred.
- Experience in managing direct reports is preferred.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including clients, staff, and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve problems, and make decisions quickly toward organizational goals.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to manage outcomes as related to client success and individual/team contributions to ensure compliance with organizational goals and financial results.
- Ability to exhibit WMEP’s corporate core competencies which include but are not limited to customer focus, ethics/integrity, interpersonal skills, team work, and results focus.
- Ability to exhibit WMEP’s consulting competencies which include but are not limited to business process optimization, change management, client service focus, coaching, management consulting skills, and professional impact.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
WMEP offers a generous benefits package including, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, paid time off, and holiday pay.