Develop a culture to engage employees in continuous improvement and the success of your business. Establishing a culture that sets new performance standards every day.
Changing the way your business runs is about more than just moving machines. It means working with people, too. Experts estimate that 80% of becoming a customer-focused business or Lean enterprise is culture-related. The way employees work, their attitudes toward work and change, their relationships with each other and management — it all has an impact on how well (or poorly) change is adopted and sustained. WMEP offers specific solutions focused on the “people” issues involved in business transformation. It’s critical to ensure that the time, effort and money you put into your change efforts aren’t wasted.
A Lean Culture:
- Focuses on the customer. Employees need to understand who the customer is. They have internal customers also. How they serve the external customer is directly tied to how they treat each other internally.
- Is totally committed to continuous improvement: For this kind of commitment to occur, all employees need to be involved in the improvement process. This means keeping them enthused about the process and creating a receptive environment for them to make suggestions and take risks.
- Communicates a clear vision for the company to all employees. Senior management needs to identify the vision and help employees understand how their daily tasks relate to the vision.
- Ensures everyone knows their roles by setting clear standards and expectations. The expected behaviors within the organization need to be spelled out. It should be clear that the new culture is now customer-focused, and that the commitment to continuous improvement is genuine and permanent.
A culture of continuous improvement can include:
- Continuously measuring performance against world-class benchmarks
- Building an enterprise-wide culture of measurable continuous improvement
- Investing in technology and training to drive continuous improvement
Operational Excellence Programs can include:
WMEP offers an extensive suite of services that can help your company do more with less including:
- Lean Practices – Reducing Lead Times (VSM, 5S, TPM, TWI)
Save money and increase efficiency with market-proven, Lean Manufacturing tools and best-practices.
- Quality – Reducing Defects and Variability (Six Sigma, ISO)
Dramatically improve quality throughout your business with Lean Six Sigma and ISO certification.
- Certification Services – Creating More Consistent Results and Engaging New Customers
Systems & processes to take the guesswork out of certification.
Get to know Eric Decker, Business Development Leader
“The organization’s mission to help improve and strengthen Wisconsin’s manufacturers aligns very closely with my own. I’ve known the WMEP and its staff through my various roles over the years and have always had a lot of respect for the organization.”
414.429.2252 | [email protected]