WMEP Manufacturing Solutions is seeking a Human Capital Consultant / Practice Leader, be based in the Milwaukee-Madison-Fox Cities markets, ready to make an impact in an exciting nonprofit consulting firm with unlimited growth potential.
The Human Capital Consultant / Practice Leader will travel within our territory to work closely with WMEP manufacturing clients to guide them through the strategic issues surrounding their most valuable asset – their people. This consultant / leader will both deliver and manage strategic partners in delivering leadership, attraction, on-boarding, engagement, retention and workforce planning etc. services. This leader will develop the vision and strategy, gain approval and build out this emerging practice for WMEP.
The Human Capital Consultant / Practice Leader will be responsible for collaborating with Business Development in assessing manufacturers’ needs, designing a solution and then implementing solutions, on-time, within budget and with a positive impact on our clients.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- Passion for all things people with proficiency in human capital aspects of attract, develop and retain people including leadership, culture and workforce planning.
- 10-15 years or more experience in a manufacturing or applicable business environment at a professional and C-Suite level is preferred.
- A Master’s degree is strongly preferred in the area of Human Capital Development, MBA or relevant discipline. A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience in a consulting role is preferred. Has managed external service providers.
- Experience in managing direct reports is preferred.
- Specific experience in delivering leadership development and utilizing assessments and profiling tools (such as StrengthFinders, DISC etc.) is preferred
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including clients, staff, and partners.
- Strong business savvy. Strategic thinker and innovator.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills including strong presentation skills. Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to manage outcomes as related to client success and individual/team contributions to ensure compliance with organizational goals and financial results.
- Ability to exhibit WMEP’s corporate core competencies which include but are not limited to customer focus, ethics/integrity, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and results focus.
WMEP Manufacturing Solutions, a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to optimize stakeholder value for Wisconsin Manufacturers by expanding their capabilities to grow, be innovative, and achieve operational success, provides targeted consulting services to small and medium manufacturers in Wisconsin. WMEP is an affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s National Manufacturing Extension Partnership and is seeking to grow the consulting team to extend its reach to manufacturers.
WMEP offers a generous benefits package including, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, paid time off, and holiday pay.