The Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WMEP) has an exciting new opportunity for a dedicated leader in sustainability! The WMEP is recruiting for its new position, the Director of the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council (WSBC). The Director of the WSBC is responsible for overseeing the WSBC council promotions, reports and case studies, manage the annual conference, and secure funding for WSBC activities. The Director leads the Green Masters Program, a recognition and assessment program for businesses interested in improving sustainability initiatives. As the WMEP’s subject matter expert on sustainability, you’ll present on the WSBC’s initiatives at state business events, collaborate with academic institutions to promote student participation in the programs, and provide support to WMEP consultants on sustainability-related projects.
Minimum requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a sustainability related field.
- Five years’ experience in leading a comprehensive program or implementation.
- Three years program development and project management experience.
- Three years leading a non-profit business.
- Knowledge of Qualtrics software or related system.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to adjust communication style to different audiences as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated computer and software skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
- Ability to exhibit integrity in work product and in interactions with clients and other staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Ability to hold one’s self accountable for actions, successes, and failures.
- Ability to be flexible in the work environment and willing and able to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
WMEP is a specialized non-profit organization providing targeted consulting services to small and medium manufactures. WMEP is located on the east side of Madison and offers a generous benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, and PTO. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by August 31, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.