The Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership, Inc. (WMEP) is currently recruiting for a Consultant to deliver Growth-Strategy services. The consultant will be based in the Milwaukee metro or Madison markets.
- The Consultant will travel state wide to collaborate with WMEP Business Development Leaders, Account Executives and fellow consultants in assessing and scoping client needs/pain points in growth and strategy.
- While collaborating with Business Development Leaders, Account Executives and fellow consultants, develop hard hitting proposals of work.
- Deliver high impact consulting on growth and strategy services to client senior leadership teams. Adapt delivery materials as needed.
- Identify opportunities and potential WMEP solutions across the breadth of WMEP service offerings. Become a trusted business advisor to our clients.
Experience and Qualifications
- A breadth of working experience in Sales, Marketing and General Management roles while working for manufacturing companies. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment at a professional level.
- Strategic thinker. Proven abilities in developing and executing strategic plans, marketing plans, sales plans.
- Demonstrated successful track record of creating and executing a strategic plan to achieve intended results.
- Able to interact and be highly respected at the C-Suite Level.
- 3 years or more experience in internal/external consulting role preferred.
- Experience in managing direct reports is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or manufacturing-related discipline or equivalent required. MBA preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to build strong relationships and become a trusted business advisor at a strategic level.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills including strong presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and technology savvy.
- Ability to resolve problems and make decisions quickly toward organizational goals.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Exhibits WMEP’s corporate core competencies of customer focus, ethics and integrity, interpersonal skills, team work, and results focus.
The WMEP, a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to optimize stakeholder value for Wisconsin Manufacturers by expanding their capabilities to grow, be innovative, and achieve operational success, provides targeted consulting services to small and medium manufacturers in Wisconsin. The WMEP is an affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s National Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
WMEP offers a generous benefits package including, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, paid time off, and holiday pay.