The Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WMEP) is recruiting for a Business Development Leader. The Business Development Leader is responsible for the delivery of new business consistent with WMEP’s revenue and profitability goals through strategic relationship building with Wisconsin manufacturers and direct facilitation that connects prospects with WMEP professionals across all geographies, service lines, and product offerings. The Business Development Leader job responsibilities will focus primarily on the South Eastern sector of Wisconsin.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the Business Development Leader include, but are not limited to:
- Actively seek out new prospects and engage them with the WMEP in a manner and pace consistent with achieving or exceeding revenue targets.
- Establish and maintain C-level executive relationships within targeted manufacturing sectors.
- Facilitate the selling process by removing the barriers and creating efficiencies in proposal writing and delivery activities.
- Assist Manufacturing Specialists in the sales process to be more leveraged in their work.
- Coordinate activities with the marketing team for supporting WMEP initiatives.
Minimum requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: engineering, manufacturing, business management, marketing/sales; or commensurate experience.
- 3 years of experience in a consultative selling environment.
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment/industry or working with manufacturers.
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to adjust communication style to different audiences as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated computer and software skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
- Ability to exhibit integrity in work product and in interactions with clients and other staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Ability to hold one’s self accountable for actions, successes, and failures.
- Ability to be flexible in the work environment and willing and able to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The WMEP, a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to optimize stakeholder value for Wisconsin Manufacturers by expanding their capabilities to grow, be innovative, and achieve operational success, provides targeted consulting services to small and medium manufacturers in Wisconsin. The WMEP is an affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s National Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
WMEP offers a generous benefits package including, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, paid time off, and holiday pay.