WMEP, is a non-profit, professional services firm committed to the growth and success of Wisconsin manufacturers. We are Wisconsin manufacturing companies’ go-to resource in helping them become more profitable and valuable. Our team of experts work side-by-side with hundreds of manufacturers each year, developing and implementing proven solutions that address their biggest challenges: growing their business, addressing workforce challenges, optimizing operations, and leveraging automation etc.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a results-oriented Business Development-focused professional to join our team in Wisconsin. WMEP Business Development Leader will have a diverse background in the manufacturing industry and be highly networked in the Wisconsin region. You will be responsible for developing a strategic business development plan, develop new opportunities and clients while maintaining existing relationships.
We are considering candidates for our Business Development Leader position, who meet the following basic qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in the following: engineering, manufacturing, business management, marketing/sales; or commensurate experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing and managing a technical market or business development, along with selling technical services to manufacturers.
- Background focused on consulting and service sales with a manufacturing emphasis.
- Success in business development planning, including developing strategic business plans, marketing activities, client development, presentation experience and proposal development.
- Established manufacturer owner and executive relationships strongly preferred.
- Technical project management experience is desired.
- Proven leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Conduct business development initiatives for WMEP across various Wisconsin markets.
- Project oversight including setting priorities and developing objectives. The ability to serve as a technical resource for a multi-disciplined team.
- Job duties include client management, including abilities to make fluent presentations, contract negotiations and client development activities. Good communication skills and a proven track record in successfully interacting with clients and collaborating with internal team members is necessary.
- Managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced multi-discipline environment.
- Being adaptable in an ever-changing industry.
Why WMEP? We are proud to offer a complete benefit package to include:
- Training, Mentorship, and Leadership Development Programs
- A team atmosphere dedicated to open communication and collaboration
- Flexible Schedule/Remote Work options
- Corporate Casual Dress
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Miles Reimbursement
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
To submit an application of interest and a cover page, click here.