The WMEP Manufacturing Solutions is seeking an Automation Consultant to join its growing Automation-Technology services line.
The Automation-Technology Consultant will work with Wisconsin manufacturers in accelerating the adoption of manufacturing automation, machine connectivity (IOT) and cybersecurity.
The consultant will define automation-technology options that can bring value to Wisconsin manufacturers, build a network of potential solutions and assist in vetting potential partners. This consultant will work with key stakeholders to develop service solutions that “connect the dots” and make it easier for Wisconsin manufacturers to move forward with automation and advanced connectivity. He/she will also work to integrate automation and technology into other WMEP service offerings.
He/she will be responsible for taking the lead in educating Wisconsin manufacturers on the critical importance of cybersecurity and the need to assess company compliance. The consultant will represent WCMP, WMEP, MOC in developing and deploying standardized cybersecurity services across the MEP Network as well as vet and work with 3rd party service providers. They will keep current on the evolution of cybersecurity and its impact on manufacturing.
The WMEP is a non-profit consulting firm whose mission is to optimize stakeholder value for Wisconsin Manufacturers by expanding their capabilities to grow, be innovative, and achieve operational success, provides targeted consulting services to small and medium manufacturers in Wisconsin. The WMEP is an affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s National Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial) or commensurate.
- Have 3 or more years’ experience in manufacturing automation and technology (Industry 4.0). Robotics integration and custom automation equipment experience is a plus.
- One or more years in professional service to customers.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including clients, technology partners and WMEP staff.
- Interest and motivation to keep current with cybersecurity best practices and the changing landscape of cybersecurity, IoT and Industry 4.0.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills including strong presentation skills.
- Creative approach to solving problems and make decisions quickly toward organizational goals. Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Focuses on Client success and impact and WMEP goals and financial results.
- Exhibits WMEP’s core competencies of customer focus, ethics/integrity, interpersonal skills, team work, and results focus. Exhibits WMEP’s consulting competencies which include but are not limited to business process optimization, change management, client service focus, coaching, management consulting skills, and professional impact.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
WMEP offers a generous competitive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, paid time off, and holiday.