WMEP’s team of professionals must build long-term relationships with customers and provide strategic and tactical support that helps them build the Next Generation Manufacturing (NGM) competencies required for long-term success for healthy and growing manufacturers. This job requires following values and competencies reflective of the organization’s focus on Advocacy, Outreach, and Consulting Excellence:
- Demonstrated passion for manufacturing
- Sincere interest in positively impacting the economy and quality of life in Wisconsin
- Results orientation based on superior performance
- Accessing the knowledge and capabilities of the entire organization in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Accountability to commitments, results, and superior customer service
- Clear and unambiguous communication
- Support for innovative ideas and processes
- Focus on customer needs and results
The Manufacturing Specialist is responsible for the sale and delivery of client service consulting engagements. The job is to deliver consulting projects within the individual’s area of expertise, grow the expertise of WMEP, and sell all products and services of WMEP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and deliver consulting projects by facilitating client meetings and presentations, responding to client questions, managing workflow, completing projects within budget and client expectations, and conducting post-project closeout processes and survey preparation.
- Establish new client relationships and engage in new projects by following through on leads, developing proposals, educating clients on WMEP services, and referring clients to other WMEP consultants as needed. Partner with other consulting staff and Marketing, as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Provide training and promotional session on practice to generate sales (e.g., Lunch and Learn events, Manufacturing Matters! workshops, industry association presentations, etc.)
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing, business management, or marketing/sales or equivalent
Experience: Five years of experience in manufacturing; Two years of experience in consulting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Practical understanding of manufacturing concepts and operations
- Proficient in two of the three of the following key activities:
- account management
- opportunity management
- project management
- Expertise in two or more NGM competencies
- Capable of relating to individuals at all job levels
- Proficient in MS office products
- Detailed oriented
- Must possess excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate well with others, both written and verbally
- Travel required
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Interested candidates should submit a professional resume to Human Resources, [email protected] or click on the link below to upload your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls, please.
To submit an application of interest, click here.
WMEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.