The ability to harness the full power of the modern manufacturing workforce.
- Mines talent and skill from diverse sources
- Continuously invests in training and education of employees and partners
- Pushes decision-making authority and accountability down through the organization, driving continuous improvement and employee engagement
- Focuses staff, metrics and investment on human capital development and retention
Wisconsin manufacturers understand that employees are the core asset essential for business success and profitability. A talented, empowered workforce allows businesses to respond to rapid change, anticipate customer needs and drive continuous improvement. The WMEP can help you establish the workforce you need to achieve your business objectives.
Program offerings include:
- Talent Management – Develop action plans to mitigate risks and attract, retain and develop needed talent.
- Workforce Planning – Determining what talent is needed to deliver on organizational capabilities for current and future states.
- Leadership Development – WMEP has a range of customizable services that help manufacturers fill their leadership training gaps.
- Enterprise Services
- Succession Planning Services – Identifying and mitigating risks from retiring workforce.
Get to know Joe Brown, Senior Manufacturing Specialist, South Region
“My work at WMEP helps me make a difference to Wisconsin manufacturers, resulting in a competitive base and job growth.”
Get to know Jerry Thiltgen, Senior Manufacturing Specialist, North Region
“I enjoy helping manufacturers, at a personal level, improve their performance in cost, quality and delivery by applying standardized improvement principles and tactics in a way that’s unique to them and which then becomes ingrained in their culture”.
Meet the rest of our experienced manufacturing specialists.