The Answer to Your Manufacturing Gridlock
Profitable Sustainability℠ is a comprehensive, proven program that cuts costs while enhancing the resource efficiency of your supply chain. Profitable Sustainability℠ bridges the intersection of sustainability and profit.
- Improve resource utilization
- Increase profits
- Reduce risk
- Reduce environmental impact
Potential Benefits from Profitable Sustainability℠ :
- Increased profits
- Measurable ROI
- Improved reputation and public perception
- Improved environmental performance and reduced environmental impact
- Tracking and managing supplier performance using OECD standards, or required standards
- 3-to-1 return on investment in just 5 years*
- Average payback is 1.5 years
As a result of Profitable Sustainablity℠ manufacturing, your company will experience both immediate and recurring profitable sustainability outcomes with measurable ROI. You will see a transformation in your profits and an escalation in your competitiveness in a global market.
* Based on 146 Profitable Sustainability℠ projects
Easy 3-Step Plan to a Brighter Future in Manufacturing
- Diagnostic Meeting
We will investigate and prioritize your company’s opportunities for profitable, sustainable improvement to help increase ROI. Some common areas that are diagnosed for the most significant, sustainable gains are:
- Operating processes and materials processes
- Energy use and environmental impact
- Supply chain logistics and transportation
- Prioritized Profitable SustainabilitySM project identification
Once the diagnostics have been established, we will evaluate the data and the results for feasibility using an advanced cost/benefit analysis.
The data will include:
- Focused analysis of equipment, processes and practices with the greatest opportunity
- Detailed metrics collection and calculation of carbon footprint
- Profitable SustainabilitySM business goals and objectives defined
- Projected ROI for identified projects
- Created action plan
The findings from the assessment phase will drive the action plan, with assistance from the WMEP specialists and partners. In most companies, multiple projects are selected, prioritized and planned using a variety of factors such as:
- Available capital
- Return on investment
- Ease of implementation
- Technical expertise
- Outside funding – leveraged investment
How involved is it?
It is easy to implement Profitable Sustainability℠. We will customize a plan for your specific corporation which will integrate with your current operations and supplier relationship management framework, making sense of existing metrics and goals.
As a result, your company will enjoy both immediate and recurring Profitable SustainabilitySM with measurable ROI.
What’s the bottom line?
Using the proven method of Profitable Sustainability℠, your supply chain can cut costs and increase profitability. This process more effectively uses resources and reduces waste while recording and reporting the OECD global standards for suppliers.
With increased pressure from:
- new regulations
- customer expectations
Manufactures must prove that they are environmentally and socially responsible.
Profitable Sustainability℠ provides a plan to reduce waste and cost while using resources efficiently and maintaining a measurable ROI.
Supporting Wisconsin Sustainability Initiatives
The WMEP is a proud to participate in regional and state-wide initiates to support sustainable practices in Wisconsin. One such initiative is the Milwaukee Sustainability Roundtable.
Get to know Randy Bertram, Director of Sustainability Services
“As the director of WMEP’s Sustainability Services, I have the opportunity to help manufacturers across Wisconsin discover how they can save money and benefit the environment and their employees.”
Get to know Mark McDermid, Manufacturing Specialist, South Region
“Manufacturing excellence is our shared past, present and future. As a WMEP team member, I am driven by our shared vision of next generation manufacturing, active pursuit of opportunities for excellence and dedication to the partnership that is the exclamation point at the end of our name.”
Meet the rest of our experienced manufacturing specialists.